PLEASE READ THIS SECTION
Chet McCracken is engaged on a trek as one of the Internet's pioneers in professional online studio services. Having a world-class studio drummer lay down tracks for your project, your song or score via the Internet is a really cool resource!
You can upload your song to www.proaudiobus.com
Alternatively, you may contact Chet and arrange to send your music or songs on any format and Chet will transfer them to his studio's "Protools." Then Chet is prepared to record your drum tracks.
When he's completed the drum performance for your new tracks, he returns your song to you, completed, with drum tracks that are right in the pocket and carry the groove.
- I like to work with a "click track." I prefer 1/8th notes on the hat and crosstick on 2 and 4 NO BASS DRUM I!!!!
Please put the click on a separate track if possible. (if stereo isolate it on the left or right track by itself please)
I use either "Pearl Master Series Maple Custom" or vintage "Pearl Maple/Fiberglass" drums. I also use various Zildjian "K" cymbals.
I use the following mics:
Kick - Shure Beta 52, AKG D-12, AKG D-112 or Sennheiser 421
- Snare - Shure 57 or Sennheiser 441
- Hi Hat - AKG 451
Rack Toms(2) - Shure 57 or Sennheiser 409
Floor Toms(2) - Shure 57, AKG D-12, AKG D-112 or Sennhei5ier 421
- Over Heads - AKG 414(matched pair) or Octava 219(matched pair)
- If you like compression I can use (2) UREI 1176LN or Alesis 3630 (stereo).
- My console is a Sound Workshop 1280E (parametric EQ) as well as a Tascam M-2516 (parametric EQ).
- I will record to as many tracks as you like. I usually track to 7.
- 1-kick, 2-snare, 3&4-stereo toms, 5&6-stereo over heads, 7-hi hat.
I'll want to discuss your drum track ideas via phone and/or e-mail to get "your ideas" recorded to your satisfaction.
My turnaround time is quick. Keep in mind that I have a superior "live drum tracking" room.
All further questions are welcome! Questions? Comments? Please use the form below.